Latest Thoughts

This is a letter.

Dear Lilly,
The universe sometimes works in a misterious way. We as humans cannot prevent certain things from happening and thus we shall accept whatever comes to us. That being said I must then tell you my latest unexplicable desire: to tell you what I am about to. Please understand the following words as being the purest truth one can ever say and avoid wasting your time trying to understand the reasons that led me to tell you what - once again - I am about to.

I like you. You can assume this is partly truth because of the way I have always treated you but I am afraid you have no faintest idea of how sincerely and deeply I mean what I just said. Or wrote. My assumption is based on the fact that I am - if not always, then most of the time - making jokes with every single thing that comes out of my mouth. Although that is precisely right, I must tell you that even the most funny and apparently meaningless thought I share has some - and sometimes lots - of truth on it. Which mean I would absolutely love if you were my real Godmother. Your daughter is to me like my own sister or even child. The love I nurtured for her is pure and sincere. And, again, I really like you.

Life choses the darkness to teach us valuable lessons because it is by far more difficult to see in the darkness. We usually can see our own family. I did. And I could see you too there, by my side, helping me with all of your strenght even when you barely knew me at all. I shall never forget what I saw in the darkness. This is why I tell you again with all my heart: I like you.

I would like to kindly ask you to look at me as a friend, as someone you can trust no matter what the problem is. I might not be able to help you as much as I wish I could but be sure of one thing: I will try my best.

Love,
Goddaughter